Monthly Tuition Fees for 2017 / 2018
|Second Child||Third Child||Fourth Child|
K to G3
G4 to G7
G8 to G12
Kindergarten is full-day program – Monday to Friday.
|(1) A family with two children-one in Grade 5 and one in Grade 1 would pay the following monthly:||(2) A family with three children-one in Grade 8, Grade 3 and Kindergarten would pay the following monthly:|
|Grade 5: $656
Grade 1: $353
Total monthly fee: $1009
|Grade 8: $695
Grade 3: $353
Total monthly fee: $1,267
A charitable donation receipt for tax purposes will be issued annually for the portion of tuition paid that pertains to religious instruction. The amount varies from year to year and is calculated in accordance with the Canada Revenue Agency requirements.
Other school related expenses / fees
Uniforms approximately $500, bible $30/child
New Registrations: $200 each
Annual Re-registrations: $150 per student or $200 per family
Policies Relating to Tuition Payments
- Tuition is due in 10 payments on the 1st day of the month starting in September and ending in June via the direct deposit payment method. Please complete the Direct Payment Enrolment Form and enclose a VOID cheque when registering.
- Annual Payment – If tuition is to be paid for the entire year it must be submitted by the first day of classes. The annual tuition payment can be made by cash, cheque or money order. We will accept credit cards for a full year tuition payment only.
- The Board considers that all unpaid tuition accounts are still due to Lions Gate Christian Academy, unless arrangements have been made with the office.
- When it is necessary for a student to voluntarily withdraw from the school for any reason, one full school month’s notice must be given together with the payment of the tuition fee for the complete month.
- Children of parents owing overdue tuition or other obligations, e.g., repayment for lost or vandalized books and equipment, will not be readmitted to Lions Gate Christian Academy the following year until obligations have been met or arrangements made to deal with them.
- When a student is expelled or withdrawn at the recommendation of the school, tuition will be due up until the date of expulsion or withdrawal. A refund of the un-expired portion of the month will be made.
International Tuition Rates Policy 2017 / 2018
- A non-refundable registration fee of $300.00 is due with the initial registration. This fee applies to each student.
- A re-registration fee of $250.00 is due if the student re-registers. This fee is due annually or at each re-registration time if the initial registration was for less than a year.
- Tuition for the 2017-2018 school year is $15,000.00 CDN.
- Tuition is payable in full with the registration documents.
- Tuition is non-refundable except as follows:
- If a student visa is not granted to the student registered, then the full tuition fee less an administrative fee of $300.00 will be refunded.
- In cases of severe medical or other unforeseen emergencies, at the discretion of the Board, the full tuition fee less an administrative fee of $300.00 may be refunded.
- If a student registers and does not attend there will be no refund.
- If a student leaves for personal reasons there will be no refund
- The costs of daytime field trips are covered in the annual tuition. There may be an additional non-refundable fee for overnight field trips.
- International Students are required to attend all field trips including the overnight trips taken by students in Grade 4-7.
- School uniforms are mandatory. Costs of uniforms are approximately $500 per student. This cost is not included in the tuition.
- Each student is required to purchase a Bible from the school for a cost of $30.00.
- Should the school determine that your child needs Psychological Assessment and Diagnosis of complex development disabilities testing including: Autistic Spectrum Disorders, Learning Disabilities, Intellectual Disabilities and other conditions that impact on a child’s learning and behaviours, you will be billed for the testing. (Usual amount $2000.00 CAD).
- Canadian medical insurance is a mandatory requirement for all International Students. Insurance can be purchased at the office at a cost of $1.60 per day (one year = $483.20). These rates are subject to change.
- Proof of Medical Insurance and Student Study Visa is required before students begin classes.